Wednesday, June 16, 2010

here is a day.

ooh boy am i tired.
N's music class today. she did not want to go.
i tried to get her to go anyway, as it is the second to last class and there is a concert on the last day.



went to a kid-friendly cafe up the street for our brunch. a gentle and social five year old boy joined us as his mom was busy talking with a friend. it was nice for n to get an impromptu cafe play date. we read books together, shared cookies, drew pictures. then it was time to go. n wanted a "circle cookie" (the cookies her new pal shared were rectangles) she screamed a bit, and dropped a plate on the floor (accidentally) then was scared and upset about the broken plate. nice cafe barista girl swept it up and told n it was no big deal.




gosh.. why am i telling this long story.?



anyway...
Then we trudged off to music class. I had F in the Ergo on my back, and N wanted to be carried. That's always a fun workout for mama! Carrying 55 pounds of kids on me. Heeheehee (if u can't tell: that's the laughter of a crazy woman). N was saying the whole time "I don't want to go to music class." I was still hoping she might change her mind when we got there. No such luck. So I told the teacher she wasn't up for it and we went off to the playground. A couple of hours of playing at the playground, interrupted by N's random tantrums/fits/crying over seemingly very trivial things. Daddy K came by for a brief visit (he was out and about for work and knew we'd be there). 


(I still have yet to figure out how to align pics and text properly. why is it so damned tricky?)




















F is so quiet and happy and mellow throughout these hectic outings with N that when I think back on the day it's almost easy to forget he was there too! Just hanging out in the Ergo, looking around, having naps, nursing. Just a happy attached baby. So what's up with the emotional roller coaster 3 year old? I guess it's just the way it is with a lot of three year old kids.



































now we are home. F is napping (on a bed, not in the ergo). N is watching a show and eating crackers and cheese. I am ever so grateful for this stretch of quiet time. Oh. So. Grateful.

N is now requesting some more cheese. It's in my best interest to respond to that request before it becomes a screeching demand, which will wake the baby, and begin the cascade of craziness all over again.

Till next time. Peace and love and.. cropped photos of my kids  ..?

No comments:

Post a Comment