well, it only took two months but I finally completed all the steps of filling out ONE co-op application. this particular application is for The Housing Registry and it means we have applied for several co-ops with the one application. I chose to complete it first specifically because it is for more than one co-op. I had to gather a lot of information and documents in order to complete it. I'm highly allergic to paperwork so this is no small feat. unfortunately there were only six co-ops that were suitable to us, out of (what seemed like) hundreds that are listed with the housing registry. and out of those six there are two that I hope don't call us!
finding affordable and comfortable housing is quite a challenge in Vancouver and all of the Lower Mainland these days. but I'm feeling positive (for a change) and looking forward to the change. we've been living out in the suburbs for a year and a half now and it has reaffirmed my certainty that the burbs are not for us. ideally we would be living on acreage out in the countryside somewhere, probably within BC. but that is not possible for us right now. so in the meantime I think we would prefer to be back in the city, where at least we can see our friends more often, go to some shows, and get a decent cup of coffee at cafes that are not Starbucks. culture is pretty limited out in the suburbs.
now I must get started on the next batch of co-op applications. at the rate I'm going I should be done by September.
No comments:
Post a Comment