Wednesday, June 30, 2010

middle of the day. middle of the week. lunch. naps. colds. tv.

Baby F is napping.
Big kid N is watching knowledge channel cartoons.
We all have colds. This morning N was the crankiest about having a cold. Now it's me.
We're eating perogies. My specialty. Yeah, I don't cook.
I pretty much fast till my guy gets home. He's the cook in the family.
N and I snack all day on weird quick little things. Crackers and cheese.. fruit.. juice.. cookies..
Then K gets home and makes crazy delicious meals. Like broccoli and mushroom soup. Tacos. Stir fries. Salads. Pasta dishes with homemade deluxorama veggie sauces. All sorts of nutritious and delicious vegetarian meals. I love the food he makes. I love him for making the food. I love him. I love him. I love him.

So here we are at home on our own, sans daddy. And the only warm food I seem capable of making for us is frozen perogies heated up on the stove. And often I even mess that up. Yes, this batch got a bit burnt. But we are still going to eat them. I'd like to take a picture but the camera is upstairs, near the sleeping baby. Is it worth the risk of waking him just to show you what we are eating? Maybe.

1 comment: